Who are Sustaining Partners?
Why do we need FamilyWorks?
The landscape of family life in our communities is complicated and riddled with difficulties that leave us with no simple answers or
solutions. Placing judgment on the mistakes made within families will not make the problem go away. Equally, we can’t afford to give
up on a family no matter what state it’s in! Here are a few examples of why we must find effective ways to support families:
- Right now in every school there are teachers and administrators who are hoping the families of their students will be strong
enough to help with the daunting task of educating their children.
- At this moment there are couples out there who are sitting on the edge of divorce, who really don’t want to, but feel powerless to
- Somewhere there is a single parent, mother or father, who is yelling at their kids because they are exasperated by their children’s rebellion. This parent’s frustration also stem from the self-awareness of their own countless mistakes and pour choices in life. Because of this they’re at the point of giving up!
- There are many marriages doing well but still want to be intentional about investing their time into their relationship. They want to be proactive in learning more effective ways to communicate, evaluating their relationship, and connecting better with their spouse in order to prevent serious issues from developing.
Who will make an effort to walk through life with these families? Who will meet these families right where they are; look them in
eyes, and say, “I believe in you!”? Who will believe families are one of the greatest asset a community has?
Who will? …FamilyWorks! ministries will! BECAUSE WE BELIEVE FAMILY REALLY DOES WORK!
Where do I start to become a Sustaining Partner?
Once you see the need and you understand how FamilyWorks is playing a role in solving this problem it’s easy to get involved!
One of the most basic expectations we have for our Partners are to have them become knowledgeable ambassadors of the mission and vision. To have each Partner tuned in well enough to know what, when, and why we are doing this work is a powerful asset that can fill our community with hope!
Partners can volunteer for special events, join committees, join the board of directors, volunteer for the ongoing work within any of our current programs, help establish new programs, and raise funds to support FamilyWorks! Ministries. You have all kinds of assets that can help build stronger families.
Financially this work takes a committed funding base. You would be joining that base. No gift is too small because, as our donor base grows, our capacity to impact the lives of people grows too. Collectively we are powerful and together we can make a big impact.
To become a Sustaining Partner of FamilyWorks! Ministries register here, fill out the form, and submit it!
- We have a goal to reach 100 Sustaining Partners who are giving $25.00 or more per month by June 30th 2014.
- We currently have 8 registered as of 9/10/13…so your first step is to get registered! We will post updates on our progress.
- Next…If you like the work we are doing perhaps you know someone else who might join our efforts too.
- If you want some brochures to share with others about FamilyWorks let us know and we will get you some.
- If you wanted to hold a luncheon or dinner party to benefit FamilyWorks we would be willing to make a presentation on your behalf.
- There are many ways to help us reach this goal…but first we need your help…Thanks!